According to the Report,
“With respect to challenges to securing smart grid systems, GAO identified the
following six key challenges:
• Aspects of the regulatory environment may make it difficult to ensure smart grid systems’ cybersecurity.
• Consumers are not adequately informed about the benefits, costs, and risks associated with smart grid systems.
• Utilities are focusing on regulatory compliance instead of comprehensive security.
• There is a lack of security features being built into certain smart grid systems.
• The electric industry does not have an effective mechanism for sharing information on cybersecurity.
• The electricity industry does not have metrics for evaluating cybersecurity. ”
Please remember, your bite-size contributions on our Donate Page are what help keep us going